Tours and the Loire Valley
Some ideas for visits …
City of Art and History, ancient Gallo-Roman city, then capital of the kingdom of France, Tours Loire Valley enjoys an exceptional place at the centre of the famous Loire Valley chateaux, in the heart of the garden of France.
- The Saint-Gatien Cathedral
- The Beaux-Arts museum
- The Companionship museum
- The place Plumereau
- The european cultural center St MARTIN of Tours
- “La Guinguette” (from May to September), Tours sur Loire, at the foot of the Pont Wilson, instead of friendly meeting with aperitifs and concerts.
On November 30th 2000, the World Heritage Committee of UNESCO inscribed the LOIRE VALLEY World Heritage of Humanity as a cultural landscape.
- The Cardinal de Richelieu parc
- The Royal Fortress of Chinon
- The Royal City of Loches
- The castle of Saché and the Balzac museum
- The Rabelais museum in Seuilly
- The house of Ronsard in La Riche (St Cosme)
Find many programming on the website of the Tourist Office
Castles selection near
Castle of Amboise (25 km)
Castle of Chenonceau (35 km)
Castle of Langeais (28 km)
Royal fortress of Chinon (54 km)
Castle of Azay-le-Rideau (34 km)
(works –> 2017)
Castle of Ussé (50 km)
(castle of The Sleeping Beauty)
Castle of Saché (33 km)
Castle and gardens of Villandry (21 km)
Castle of Gizeux (50 km)
(may – november)
Marathon of Touraine Loire Valley and the 10 & 20 km of Tours,
the 3rd weekend of September.
- Swimmingpool and tennis courts, 1 km
- Hiking, 3 km
- Fishing in the Loire, 5 km
- Whitewater sports in the Cher, 5 km
- Climbing, 15 km
- Golf de La Gloriette, golf Blue Green in St Antoine-du-Rocher
- the “Loire à vélo” (“Loire by bike”, bicycle network), “Détours de Loire”: www.locationdevelos.com
- Balloon flight; helicopter views of the castles
- Boat trip on the Loire : Naviloire in Rochecorbon
- Leisure park and mini -golf : Luluparc in Rochecorbon
The Loire vineyards
” The wine route ” the longest of France with its 800 km,
the Loire Valley is the third largest French wine region.
Go and meet the winemakers Appellation Chinon.
In the program, visit the cellars, vineyards and wine tasting.
Tourist Office tours-tourisme.fr
Tourism portal of the Loire Valley my-loire-valley.com
Tourist Board touraineloirevalley.com
Small group tours ” A LA FRANÇAISE – LOIRE VALLEY ” www.olaloire.com
Loire Valley Castles chateaux-de-la-loire.fr
Directory of B&Bs :